Friday 23 September 2011

Shades of Yellow

I love colour! Spring brings out many many many shades of colours. In my small garden I haven't got many plants; we live in a small townhouse that had only scrubby weeds out the back when we moved in, yuk! So I have collected pots with a variety of different plants over the years to bring in some life. Most of them are succulents as it gets really dry and hot here in summer, so you need fairly hardy plants. At this time of year the succulents put on a shower with bright splashes of yellow, pinks, greens and pale purples, all reaching out for the sun, this little gem for example.


Yellow inspired me to create this cute crochet duck (loosely based on a design from Kyuuto! Amigurumi by Tomoko Takamori) . He was a bit fiddly making certain parts, mainly the wings as they are rather small, but he was a joy to make. I particularly love his little webbed feet, and the pose-able beak that allows him to show how he is feeling. 


I enjoy seeing the end result of all my crochet creations as I only learnt to crochet a few months ago and have been addicted ever since. It was a skill my lovely grandma perfected over her lifetime, making many beautiful things, including a blanket she made for me over a decade ago which I love and takes pride of place here in my little office/studio. But that's a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment